These juicy pan-seared scallops combined with the lemony, chilli and basil macadamia butter and crispy chorizo are nothing short of melt-in-the-mouth delicious. They could be served as individual portions or as an entrée of three or four per serve.
- 10-12 scallops in their shells
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp basil finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli or to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 tsps macadamia oil
- 100 g chorizo crumbled
- Separate the scallops from their shells. Place the scallops on a plate and place the shells in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Preheat an oven grill to 200°C.
- Place the macadamias in a food processor and process until just smooth. Add the butter and lemon juice and pulse until combined and smooth. Place in a bowl, stir through the basil and chilli and season with salt to taste.
- Spoon approximately 2 teaspoons of the macadamia butter mixture onto the centre of each shell and place under the grill for 1½ to 2 minutes, until bubbling and just golden.
- Meanwhile, preheat a frying pan. Add the macadamia oil and when hot, sear the scallops on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same hot pan, add the crumbled chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly crisp.
- Serve by placing a scallop on top of the grilled macadamia butter. Top with some chorizo and a little lettuce and herb salad. Serve immediately.
To serve Salad greens and soft herb leaves dressed in a little olive or macadamia oil and lemon juice
Calories: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 11gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 303mgPotassium: 180mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 612IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg