This french toast makes a fun cooking day messing around in the kitchen with the kids.
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 eggs
- 100 g raw macadamias roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon or allspice
- 40 g butter
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 banana sliced, to garnish
- Australian honey to drizzle
- Blend together sliced banana, milk, half the chopped macadamias, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour into a large, shallow dish.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and toast the other half of the macadamias until golden, remove from the pan, allow to cool then roughly chop and set aside.
- Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat until foaming.
- Dip 4 slices of bread, 1 at a time, in egg mixture and add to a large frying pan. Cook in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter, another 4 slices bread and remaining egg mixture. Slice toast diagonally, place on serving plates, top with banana, toasted macadamias and drizzle with honey.
Calories: 2845kcalCarbohydrates: 372gProtein: 102gFat: 112gSaturated Fat: 26gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 69gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 684mgSodium: 3031mgPotassium: 2494mgFiber: 27gSugar: 62gVitamin A: 1563IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 745mgIron: 26mg