If you’re a nut butter fan, you’ll love the elevated version macadamias deliver. Easy, indulgent and satisfying, all you need is a food processor to transform macadamia pieces into a versatile condiment you’ll want to use daily. We love the salty-sweet flavour combination of the macadamias with banana and honey, especially for brunch or morning tea, but feel free to experiment with your own seasonal macadamia butter crostini toppers.
Salted macadamia butter
- 500 g macadamias whole nuts, halves or pieces
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 8 slices thick cut sourdough bread
- 8 tbsp roasted macadamia butter
- 4 bananas sliced
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- Natural salt flakes
- Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Place the macadamias onto a baking tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes to ensure even colour. They should be lightly golden brown.
- Place the roasted macadamias into a food processor. Add the salt and blend for 1-2 minutes until the macadamias begin to break down into a paste and release their natural oils. Whether you prefer crunchy or smooth will dictate how long you continue to blend for. Once the butter has reached your desired consistency, transfer to a 500ml sterilised, airtight jar and keep in the pantry or refrigerator.
- Arrange warm, toasted sourdough slices onto a serving board. Spread with macadamia butter. Top with slices of banana and drizzle with honey. Garnish with salt flakes and chia seeds. Enjoy!
Calories: 1558kcalCarbohydrates: 131gProtein: 27gFat: 113gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 86gSodium: 1361mgPotassium: 1117mgFiber: 18gSugar: 44gVitamin A: 76IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 197mgIron: 11mg