With just 4 ingredients, these kisses are the perfect treat to impress a loved one at short notice. They make a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift – simply bake and present in pretty packaging – guaranteed to please!
- 80 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar 75g
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 2 tbsp macadamias finely chopped, extra
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Make a buttercream mixture by combining butter and icing sugar in a bowl and beating with an electric mixer until pale. Remove 2 tablespoons of mixture from the bowl and reserve for the filling.
- Combine ½ cup of macadamias and the flour in the bowl of a food processor and process until you have achieved a fine flour. Do not over-process or the mixture will stick together. Stir thoroughly into the buttercream mixture.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle and pipe small 1cm round kisses onto the prepared tray. Bake for 7-9 minutes until still pale but just turning golden on the bottom. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir the extra finely chopped macadamias into the reserved buttercream mixture. Place in a clean piping bag with a plain nozzle and pipe a small amount onto the base of half the biscuits, sandwiching together with another biscuit as you go along. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Calories: 69kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 1mgPotassium: 17mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 83IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg