A quick and tasty vegetarian dinner idea, this macadamia stuffed mushrooms recipe can be cooked in the air fryer or in a pre-heated medium oven. To make into a larger meal, serve the stuffed mushrooms with with a leafy salad or a creamy vegetable mash. Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
- 4-6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme leaves
- sea salt pinch
- parsley freshly chopped to serve
- lemon wedge, to serve
Remove mushroom stems and finely chop.
In a mixing bowl combine mushroom stems, garlic, macadamias, oil, chives, thyme and sea salt.
Place mushrooms bottom side up on an air fryer tray (we used an air fryer baking paper sheet)*
Fill each mushroom with macadamia mixture and drizzle with additional olive oil.
Bake in air fryer at 170°C for 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and stuffing is golden.
Season with sea salt and serve with fresh parsley and lemon wedge.
• *You can also cook these in a pre-heated medium oven, for 20 minutes.
• Use garlic infused, lemon infused or truffle infused olive oil for additional flavour.
Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. www.livelovenourish.com.au
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 9mgPotassium: 374mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 45IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg