A quick and tasty vegetarian dinner idea, this macadamia stuffed mushrooms recipe can be cooked in the air fryer or in a pre-heated medium oven. To make into a larger meal, serve the stuffed mushrooms with with a leafy salad or a creamy vegetable mash. Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
- 4-6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme leaves
- sea salt pinch
- parsley freshly chopped to serve
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Remove mushroom stems and finely chop.
- In a mixing bowl combine mushroom stems, garlic, macadamias, oil, chives, thyme and sea salt.
- Place mushrooms bottom side up on an air fryer tray (we used an air fryer baking paper sheet)*
- Fill each mushroom with macadamia mixture and drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Bake in air fryer at 170°C for 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and stuffing is golden.
- Season with sea salt and serve with fresh parsley and lemon wedge.
• *You can also cook these in a pre-heated medium oven, for 20 minutes. • Use garlic infused, lemon infused or truffle infused olive oil for additional flavour.
Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. www.livelovenourish.com.au
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 3gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 9mgPotassium: 374mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 45IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg