Add some extra flavour to your ham this festive year and impress your guests with our macadamia Christmas ham.
- 7-8 kg leg of ham on the bone
- 1/2 cup ginger marmalade
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup macadamia butter*
- 1/4 cup Davidson Plum chili sauce or sweet chilli sauce
- 150 g macadamias finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan-forced. Position an oven shelf in the lowest position and remove all the other shelves.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut around the ham shank (end of the leg) in a zigzag pattern 10cm from the end. Carefully remove the skin from the ham in 1 piece by running the knife and score the fat in a diamond pattern. Place the ham in a baking dish lined with several layers of non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the marmalade, sugar, mustard, macadamia butter and chilli sauce in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the marmalade melts. Brush the ham with half the marmalade glaze to evenly coat. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Press the macadamias firmly onto the ham and brush with remaining glaze. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes to rest before carving.
*Macadamia butter is available at some farmers markets, specialty stores or it is easy to make your own – see recipe here.
Calories: 18992kcalCarbohydrates: 163gProtein: 1536gFat: 1323gSaturated Fat: 439gPolyunsaturated Fat: 138gMonounsaturated Fat: 661gCholesterol: 4340mgSodium: 83938mgPotassium: 21193mgFiber: 20gSugar: 137gVitamin A: 11IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 926mgIron: 70mg