Once you’ve tried this super versatile salad, you’ll return to it time and again. It’s easy to make and the buttery macadamias add a delicious crunch to the earthy flavours of the rice and vegetables. Enjoy as a wholesome vegetarian lunch, or as a side dish with fish, chicken or red meat.
- 1/2 cup macadamias roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum deseeded and finely sliced
- 100 g feta cheese diced
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 1 large mango peeled and cut roughly into 2cm dice
- 100 g currants
- 50 g flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 2 tbsp raspberry or red wine vinegar
Cook rice according to packet instructions. Drain well and allow to cool. Place into a large bowl with all the other salad ingredients.
Whisk together the macadamia oil and vinegar and pour over the rice salad, toss well being careful not to bruise the mango.
Calories: 447kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 8gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 293mgPotassium: 574mgFiber: 7gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 2110IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 3mg