Once you’ve tried this super versatile salad, you’ll return to it time and again. It’s easy to make and the buttery macadamias add a delicious crunch to the earthy flavours of the rice and vegetables. Enjoy as a wholesome vegetarian lunch, or as a side dish with fish, chicken or red meat.
- 1/2 cup macadamias roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum deseeded and finely sliced
- 100 g feta cheese diced
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 1 large mango peeled and cut roughly into 2cm dice
- 100 g currants
- 50 g flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 2 tbsp raspberry or red wine vinegar
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Drain well and allow to cool. Place into a large bowl with all the other salad ingredients.
- Whisk together the macadamia oil and vinegar and pour over the rice salad, toss well being careful not to bruise the mango.
Calories: 447kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 8gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 293mgPotassium: 574mgFiber: 7gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 2110IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 3mg