The perfect side accompaniment to any main, this recipe celebrates seasonal produce with simple ingredients. For a healthy midweek meal, pair with pan-seared fish or chicken or use as an addition to your favourite roasted meat.
- 200 g green beans trimmed
- 250 g broccolini sliced in half
- 50 g butter unsalted
- 65 g macadamias approx 1/2 cup roasted and roughly chopped. Plus extra for serving
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely sliced
- 2 French shallots peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt. Add the beans and broccolini and blanch for 3-4 minutes until bright green and just tender. Melt the butter in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is foaming and slightly brown, add the macadamias, garlic and shallots
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the blanched beans and broccolini to the frypan.
- Add the lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Using a microplane, garnish the greens with finely grated macadamias. Serve warm.
- You can substitute beans and broccolini for any seasonal green vegetables.
- For a dairy free and/or vegan alternative, replace the butter with macadamia oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- If French shallots aren’t available, simply leave out, or substitute with red onion.
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 5gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 104mgPotassium: 221mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1761IUVitamin C: 68mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 2mg