A recipe from Aunty Dale Chapman, an Indigenous woman born in Dirranbandi in south west Queensland on Yuwaalaraay and Kooma tribal lands. Learn more at mydillybag.com.au
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp anise myrtle
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds (white)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp nigella seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Aunty Dales Wild Salt and Pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- Gently roast the macadamia nuts and sunflower seeds in a pan, on a low heat until toasted. Set aside.
- In the same pan, slowly roast the sesame seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds until toasted and aromatic.
- Place macadamia, sunflower, sesame, coriander, cumin and anise myrtle into blender and pulse.Do not over blend, leave chunky!
- Add macadamia nut oil and garlic powder to the pan. Heat gently. Add all the other ingredients to the pan and heat gently. Alternatively you can leave it dry (no oil).
- Leave to cool and keep stored in a glass jar.
Calories: 2979kcalCarbohydrates: 104gProtein: 50gFat: 286gSaturated Fat: 43gPolyunsaturated Fat: 29gMonounsaturated Fat: 190gSodium: 30297mgPotassium: 2408mgFiber: 43gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 3583IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 893mgIron: 47mg