This seriously good coleslaw is a standout with the addition of roasted macadamias. Flavourful, light and fresh, it’s perfect served on top of pork sausages in a bun or as a side dish. If you’re heading to a BBQ, be sure to take this along – just remember to wait until serving time to add the dressing and toss through the roasted macadamias.
- 1 small red onion sliced finely
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 green cabbage finely shredded
- 2 red apples flesh removed from core, julienned
- 1/4 cup dill, coriander or mint chopped
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- Place the sliced onion in a bowl and stir in the red wine vinegar, sugar and salt. Crush slightly with the back of a spoon and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, add the onions and stir until combined.
Serving suggestion: serve with warm sausages in bread rolls.
Calories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 395mgPotassium: 321mgFiber: 6gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 341IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 1mg