- 1 small red onion sliced finely
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts roasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 green cabbage finely shredded
- 2 red apples flesh removed from core, julienned
- 1/4 cup dill, coriander or mint chopped
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- Place the sliced onion in a bowl and stir in the red wine vinegar, sugar and salt. Crush slightly with the back of a spoon and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, add the onions and stir until combined.