These nutty muffins are filled with spice and children love them.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted macadamias finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp macadamias roasted, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Line a 12-hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in macadamias, sugar and desiccated coconut. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk banana, ¼ cup honey, oil, eggs and yoghurt in a jug. Pour into well and gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan then turn onto a wire rack.
- Heat remaining honey in microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds. Brush tops of warm muffins with warm honey. Sprinkle with the roasted macadamias.
Calories: 290kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 4gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 87mgPotassium: 162mgFiber: 3gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 56IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 1mg