Pesto is the perfect all-rounder and macadamias add a different dimension to traditional pine nuts, imparting a fuller, more buttery flavour. Serve it on bruschetta with chopped tomatoes as a summer entrée or light snack. See macadamia basil pesto recipe here.
- 8 1½ cm thick bread slices we used a baguette, cut on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil or olive oil
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Lightly grill or toast the bread slices and, while still warm, brush with a little macadamia or olive oil.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pesto per slice over the tomatoes and serve immediately.