These cookies are so good, you could mistake them for a chocolate and vanilla brownie! Macadamias pack these little morsels with healthy goodness and you can literally whip them up in minutes. Double the batch to have more on hand as they may not last long.
- 1 cup macadamias
- 5 Medjool dates seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 12 macadamia halves extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the macadamias and dates in the bowl of a food processor and process until thoroughly combined. Remove approximately half the mixture and set aside. Add the cacao powder to the remaining half mixture in the food processor and process to combine.
- Take one teaspoon of the cacao mixture and one teaspoon of the lighter mixture in your hand and pat together. Roll gently to combine and form a ball and place on the prepared tray. Press down slightly and place a macadamia half on top. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until the base of the biscuit has just turned golden. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Calories: 117kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 127mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 18mgIron: 1mg