Tamari is a Japanese-style fermented soy sauce. Lower in salt and wheat than regular soy sauce, its flavour is a fabulous match for the mild, buttery taste of macadamias. This quick and easy recipe makes the perfect snack to enjoy on a lazy afternoon with your favourite drink in hand.
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- 3 tbsp tamari Japanese-style soy sauce
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- 2 cups macadamias roasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt and tamari. Add the macadamia oil and nuts and toss until evenly coated. Place in the oven and roast for 9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. The macadamias are cooked when the liquid is absorbed.
- Allow to cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Calories: 538kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 6gFat: 54gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 42gSodium: 1751mgPotassium: 317mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg