Need a showstopping dessert that’s super simple to prepare? Look no further than this unashamedly indulgent six-ingredient ice cream cake. Featuring layers of creamy vanilla ice cream swirled with luscious caramel, nestled between a crunchy macadamia and biscuit base, this creation is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for more.
- 100 g Biscoff brand biscuits (see tip) about 12 biscuits
- 2½ cups macadamia nuts roasted and unsalted (350g)
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream (Blue Ribbon brand recommended)
- 380 g jar Bonne Maman brand caramel sauce (see tip)
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced. Undo the clasp of a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan and release the base from the side. Turn the base upside down and cover with a large sheet of baking paper so it overhangs (this makes it easy to slide onto your plate). Return the side of the pan to the base and use the clasp to lock the base in place. Don’t trim the paper.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add 1½ cups of the macadamias. Pulse until the nuts are coarsely chopped (you still want chunks). Spread the mixture into a shallow roasting pan and stir in the coconut. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until the coconut is lightly toasted. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Spoon half the cooled macadamia biscuit mixture (175g) over the base of the springform pan. Remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften slightly. Using half the ice cream, dollop large spoonfuls over the crumb, taking care not to disturb the crumb base too much.
- Using half the caramel, dollop spoonfuls over the ice cream. Top with large spoonfuls of the remaining ice cream. Smooth the surface. Scatter over the remaining biscuit mixture, pressing on with your fingertips. Cover with plastic wrap then tightly with foil. Place onto a tray and freeze overnight.
- To serve, remove the ice cream cake to a serving platter. Warm the remaining caramel in the microwave for 10-20 seconds on high, then drizzle over the ice cream cake. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Top with the remaining cup of un-chopped macadamias. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can find both Bonne Maman caramel and Biscoff biscuits at the supermarket. You can use Granita or digestive biscuits if preferred.
Calories: 791kcalCarbohydrates: 75gProtein: 10gFat: 54gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 394mgPotassium: 503mgFiber: 6gSugar: 62gVitamin A: 641IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 240mgIron: 2mg