These moreish roasted macadamias are too good to save for a special occasion. They are super easy to prepare and store well in an airtight jar, making them ideal for everyday snacking.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup nori loosely packed, finely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts whole
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line a large tray with baking paper. Place a heavy based frying pan over medium heat and scatter in the sesame seeds. Toast the sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just golden. Transfer them to a bowl and stir through the soy sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the egg white in a bowl and whisk lightly. Whisk in the coconut sugar and stir in the sesame seeds and nori. Stir through the whole macadamias so that they are completely coated.
- Using tongs, transfer the nuts to the tray and place in a single layer. Roast for 10 minutes, checking regularly towards the end to make sure they do not burn. They are ready as soon as the coating appears a little glossy and is hard to touch. Store in an airtight container or jar.
Calories: 323kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 4gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gSodium: 221mgPotassium: 152mgFiber: 3gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 16IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg