It’s hard to stop at just one of theses deliciously healthy raw bars. But, who’s counting? Packed full of goodness, they’re the perfect snack for kids and adults. But be warned: a batch in the fridge won’t last long!
- 200 g 70% cacoa dark chocolate
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 10 fresh Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup puffed rice the small crispy puffs work best
- 3 cm ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Melt the dark chocolate in the top part of a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, allowing two sides to overhang for easy removal.
- Place ½ cup of macadamias in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Chop remaining nuts in halves and set aside in a large mixing bowl. Add dates and cocoa powder to the processed nuts and process until mixture comes together and forms a ball. Place the processed mixture into the mixing bowl with the macadamia halves and add remaining ingredients. Using your hands, gently knead the mixture until it is well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the lined cake tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the slice from the fridge. Ease the slice out of the tin, place on a flat surface and pour chocolate over to cover evenly. Allow the chocolate to set before cutting into bars.
- Keep refrigerated.
Calories: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 5gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 329mgFiber: 7gSugar: 29gVitamin A: 45IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 2mg