This is a quick and delicious snack that’s just perfect to whip up when friends drop in unexpectedly for drinks. Recipe shared with us from macadamia farmer Wendy.
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 2 cups macadamia nuts whole or halves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- Place the oil in a frying pan and heat over a low heat. Once warm, add the chopped garlic and rosemary leaves and cook until fragrant.
- Add the macadamias and increase the heat to medium. Toss macadamias over the heat until lightly toasted and golden.
- Add the sea salt and toss again to combine. Serve warm.
Serving: 40gCalories: 1028kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 11gFat: 109gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 84gSodium: 589mgPotassium: 506mgFiber: 12gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 29IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 5mg