Your love of mum combined with her love of macadamias make these a perfect gift on Mothers' Day.
- 150 g unsalted butter best quality, softened
- 2/3 cup (75g) icing sugar
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter in a bowl and sprinkle over the icing sugar. Using a wooden spoon, rub the sugar into the butter. Add combined sifted flours and continue to mix with the spoon until combined.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle the macadamias over the dough and knead very gently to combine them through the mixture. Shape the dough into a ball and flatten to form a disc.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper until it is 1cm thick. Remove the top sheet of paper and cut out hearts using a heart-shaped cutter. Place the hearts on the lined baking tray. Combine the scraps and repeat this procedure, until all the dough is used.
- Place on the middle oven rack and bake for 10-15 minutes, watching carefully, until they just begin to turn golden. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before moving them individually with a metal spatula to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 107kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 1mgPotassium: 17mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 156IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mg