This trail mix is a hard-working pantry staple. Take it anywhere to keep your energy up while you’re on the move, or use it to enhance almost any combination of fruits, yoghurt and even ice cream.
- 3/4 cup whole macadamias
- 1/2 cup activated buckinis buckwheat kernels
- 1/4 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cranberries currants or sultanas
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the macadamias on the tray and bake for 5 minutes. While still warm, place the macadamias in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread evenly over the baking tray and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the macadamias are just golden.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in a sealed container.
Calories: 815kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 14gFat: 64gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 27mgPotassium: 575mgFiber: 14gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 12IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 4mg