Trick or treat? Macadamias are definitely a treat! Give this nutty recipe a go for Halloween.
- Small cupcake cases
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup macadamias raw or roasted, plus extra for 'eyes'
- 1/4 cup jelly lollies chopped
- 1/4 cup pretzels broken up
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Melt all the chocolate slowly over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Once melted and the chocolate is shiny add all remaining ingredients (except extra macadamias) to the chocolate and stir well.
- Place small cupcake cases on a baking tray.
- Fill each case with a spoonful of the chocolate mixture.To create the ‘eyes’ use extra macadamias and the remaining chocolate from the sides of the bowl. Dot the end of a chopstick in the chocolate then dot onto the centre of the macadamia. Doing two at a time, place two macadamias on each chocolate to create a set of ‘eyes’. Repeat until all chocolates are complete.
- Place tray of chocolate ‘monsters’ in fridge and allow to set for an hour or more.
- You can serve these treats either in or out of the cupcake cases depending on your preference.
Calories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 1gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 22mgPotassium: 108mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 5IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 2mg