Macadamia miso frangipane
- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 80 g macadamia meal macadamias blitzed to a powder
- 20 g miso
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g macadamias chopped
- 1 kilo puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg whisked
- Icing sugar
- 100 g macadamias finely chopped
- For the frangipane, cream the butter and sugar, then slowly add the egg yolks. Fold in the macadamia meal and miso and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate filling, blitz the dark chocolate and macadamias until a large crumb forms and set aside.
- To assemble the palmier, roll out the pastry sheets to form 4-5mm thick rectangles. Using a pallet knife, spread with the frangipane then cover with the chocolate and macadamia crumbs.Roll the pastry sheets from both ends towards the centre to form a classic palmier shape, then egg wash the centre to stick. Repeat with the other pastry sheets. Wrap in baking paper and chill for 30 minutes to firm up. Slice into 100g pieces. Roll the pieces out between two pieces of baking paper to flatten slightly.
- For the toppings, brush each piece with the egg wash, dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with the macadamias. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes, or until golden.