This panna cotta made with macadamia milk is oh so creamy with a distinctive toasted macadamia nut flavour and is perfectly complemented with roasted macadamias and fresh, juicy raspberries. Naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, they are a delicious and light dessert.
Roasted macadamia milk
- 1 ¼ cups macadamias
- 2 cups water
Macadamia panna cotta
- 4 tsp gelatin powder
- 1 ½ cups pouring cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean pod
Roasted macadamia milk
- For the roasted macadamia milk, preheat an oven to 180°C. Place the macadamias in a baking tin and roast in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside ¼ cup of the roasted macadamias. Transfer the remaining macadamias to a heat proof bowl and cover with 2 cups of water. Cover and allow to soak for 3 hours.
- Strain the macadamias and rinse under running water. Place the soaked macadamias in a blender with 2 cups of water. Blend on high until smooth. Place a nut milk bag over a bowl and carefully pour the macadamia milk into the bag. Pick up the sides of the bag and gently squeeze as much liquid as possible into the bowl.
- Alternatively, you can use two cups of premade or purchased macadamia milk.
- For the panna cotta, add the gelatin to a small bowl and cover with ¼ cup of macadamia milk. Stir briefly and then set aside to allow gelatin to bloom for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Place the remaining macadamia milk, cream, maple syrup and vanilla bean seeds in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Transfer the bloomed gelatin to the saucepan and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Divide the panna cotta mixture between 4 glass tumblers or panna cotta moulds (each mould needs to hold at least 350ml of liquid). Place glasses on a tray and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours, or until the panna cotta is set.
- Serve cold topped with fresh raspberries and roasted macadamias.
This recipe was created for Australian Macadamias by Sarah Bell at Our Nourishing Table.
Calories: 630kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 9gFat: 59gSaturated Fat: 22gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 48mgPotassium: 287mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 908IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 125mgIron: 2mg