Nothing says ‘crowd-pleaser’ quite like a good mezze plate, and this sensational sun-dried tomato and macadamia pesto is an irresistible addition. Serve it with drinks for happy hour, or as the ideal starter at your next dinner party.
- 300 g semi dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups raw macadamias chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary chopped
- 1-2 tbsp semi dried tomato oil
- Place semi dried tomatoes (reserve the marinating oil) in a small food processor along with 2 tablespoons olive oil and process until chopped but not quite smooth. Remove from the food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir through macadamias and rosemary, along with 1-2 tablespoons of the semi dried tomato oil to make a moist, pesto like consistency. Cover and set aside.
Calories: 2349kcalCarbohydrates: 191gProtein: 56gFat: 178gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 131gSodium: 750mgPotassium: 10900mgFiber: 51gSugar: 120gVitamin A: 2628IUVitamin C: 120mgCalcium: 475mgIron: 34mg