These savory macadamia Mediterranean muffins combine cheeses, vegetables and prosciutto to create delicious goodies.
- 2 cups self raising flour sifted
- 1 cup macadamias roasted and roughly chopped
- 100 ml macadamia oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 100 g parmesan cheese grated
- 100 g prosciutto finely chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted capsicum finely chopped
- 3 tbsp rosemary leaves finely chopped
- rosemary sprigs garnish
- 12 thin slices roasted capsicum extra garnish
Preheat oven to 200°C, fan-forced. Lightly grease a 12-muffin, ⅓ cup capacity muffin pan or line with muffin cases.
Place the flour and macadamias into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour oil, egg and milk into a jug and stir until combined. Pour into the flour well and stir until almost combined. Add the cheese, prosciutto, roasted capsicum and rosemary and fold through.
Spoon into the muffin holes, garnish with rosemary sprigs and a slice of capsicum. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Calories: 3878kcalCarbohydrates: 239gProtein: 106gFat: 286gSaturated Fat: 60gPolyunsaturated Fat: 23gMonounsaturated Fat: 186gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 322mgSodium: 9163mgPotassium: 2190mgFiber: 26gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 4195IUVitamin C: 233mgCalcium: 1919mgIron: 15mg