This dukkah is a great party starter and can be stored for up to a week.
- 75 g macadamias roasted, unsalted
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground mountain pepper berry
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Place the macadamias in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost ground (careful not to blend too much otherwise it can become gluggy). There will be some bigger pieces and some powder, which is ok, place into a large bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and dry roast the sesame seeds until golden and aromatic. Add to the bowl of macadamias.
- Place the coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes and the spices are aromatic and begin to pop. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and pound until finely crushed.
- Add the crushed spices, pepper berry, salt and chilli flakes, if using, to the macadamia mix and combine well. Serve with crusty bread and macadamia oil.
- Tip: store in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also use macadamia dukkah sprinkled over salads, or to coat fish or chicken or added to your favourite stuffing.
Calories: 869kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 17gFat: 84gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12gMonounsaturated Fat: 55gSodium: 1192mgPotassium: 717mgFiber: 16gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 240IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 654mgIron: 15mg