This coconut ice recipe is not only easy, it’s also surprisingly healthy. We’ve used macadamias and coconut instead of icing sugar to create an even more delicious version of this classic treat to share with your family and friends – maybe even on Galentine’s Day!
- 1 cup macadamias
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g copha melted
- 2 tsp freeze-dried raspberry or strawberry powder see note
- 1/4 cup macadamias (extra) crushed and roasted
- Line a 20x20cm lamington tin with baking paper, slightly overhanging on all sides.
- Place the macadamias in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles a coarse crumb.
- Add the coconut, rice syrup, vanilla essence and melted copha and process until almost smooth. The mixture should have a little texture
- Divide the mixture evenly between two bowls. Into one bowl, add the raspberry powder and stir to combine.
- Press the pink layer into the tin and refrigerate for 15 minutes, until firm.
- Press the white layer over the top of the pink layer, and sprinkle with the crushed and roasted macadamias, pressing in slightly. Refrigerate for 45 minutes, until set.
- Cut evenly into squares and serve.
Freeze-dried raspberry or strawberry powder adds a lovely flavour to the coconut ice. If you do not have any, you can substitute with 1 teaspoon of beetroot powder or a few drops of rosewater.
Calories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 8mgPotassium: 68mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg