Treat your family this weekend with these delicious breaky muffins.
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted macadamias finely chopped
- 1 tbsp macadamia milk* or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 1 egg
- 50 g ricotta
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 small zucchini finely grated
- 1 green onion shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon rind removed, chopped
- pinch sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs extra
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray 6 x 250ml (1-cup) muffin pans with oil. Combine the flour and the macadamias in a large bowl. In a large jug combine the milk, oil and egg. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the milk mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in ricotta, parmesan, zucchini, green onions, parsley, bacon, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Spoon among the prepared pans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and press down the muffin so you have enough room to crack an egg into each muffin. Cook for 5-10 minutes or the egg is cooked to your liking.
*Macadamia milk is easy to make – see the recipe here.
Calories: 249kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 10gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 97mgPotassium: 197mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 463IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 1mg