These deliciously moreish crackers are perfect with cheese and add a little macadamia magic to any picnic platter. Best of all, the super easy, blend-and-bake recipe means you can whip up a batch in no time, and hit the picnic rug sooner!
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place all the ingredients except the water in a blender. Blend until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Note that many of the sesame and poppy seeds will still be whole.
- With the motor running, add the water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together and forms a ball. Place the ball on a sheet of baking paper that will line a baking tray.
- Flatten the ball to a rectangle about 1cm thick. Place a large piece of plastic wrap over the flattened mixture and roll out to a 2mm thick rectangle with a rolling pin. Remove the plastic wrap and use a ruler and knife, or a pasta cutter, to score the flattened dough to create small, cracker sized rectangles.
- Transfer the dough and baking paper to a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges have started to go golden and the inner areas are cooked. Remove and cool for 5 minutes on the tray before gently breaking into pieces along the score lines and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 32mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg