Pork and macadamias are such a tasty combination and make the most delicious filling for these quick-to-make steamed buns or wontons.
- 250 g pork mince
- 1 ¼ cups macadamias roasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce good quality
- 1 pkt wonton wrappers
- 1 quantity bread dough risen
- For the filling, place the pork, macadamias and hoisin sauce in a bowl and stir to combine.
- For the wontons, place a teaspoon of pork and macadamia mixture in the middle of the wonton wrapper, dampen the edges with a little water and wrap by pleating the edges together to create small bundles. Place 5 or 6 at a time in a steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers. Tip: don’t overcrowd the steamer or allow the wontons to touch.
- For the steamed buns, extract a small handful of dough and knead to create a ball. Flatten to a circle and place a teaspoon of pork and macadamia mixture in the middle before folding by pleating the edges together to create small buns. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before steaming in batches for 10-12 minutes until puffed and cooked through. Tip: don’t overcrowd the steamer or allow the buns to touch.
- To serve, make a quick chilli sauce by mixing crushed roasted macadamias with a little chilli sauce, macadamia oil and black vinegar. Alternatively, serve with store-bought chilli sauce, sprinkled with chopped roasted macadamias.
Calories: 1901kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 56gFat: 180gSaturated Fat: 40gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 122gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 417mgPotassium: 1354mgFiber: 15gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 19IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 183mgIron: 9mg