- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 240 g sharp cheddar cheese cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Place macadamias in a food processor and blend until smooth with a little texture. Add cheese, egg and flour and process until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from the food processor and gently knead to form a ball. Flatten to form a disc, wrap in baking paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using a sharp knife, slice off thin strips of dough. Place each piece on the baking tray and flatten slightly with your fingers to create a freeform shape. Sprinkle with a pinch of black sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until crackers are golden on the edges. Remove each cracker using a metal spatula and cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.