These crispy and tasty bars are a popular snack in Korea. They need no baking and are easily transportable for a nutritious on the go snack for when you are too busy to stop.
- 100 g macadamias
- 100 g black rice
- 50 g peanuts
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g oats
- 30 ml water
- 70 g sugar
- 120 g oligosaccharide or rice syrup
- Stir fry the macadamias, black rice, peanuts, walnuts and oats in a dry pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until roasted.
- Put water, sugar and oligosaccharide (or rice syrup) in a saucepan and gently simmer over a medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the roasted macadamias, black rice, peanuts, walnuts, and oats mix and mix well until the liquid disappears.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour in the macadamia mixture, press flat, and allow to harden for a day in a cool place. Once firm cut into square or bar shapes.
Calories: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 8gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 19mgPotassium: 228mgFiber: 4gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 2mg