Time to get creative with seasonal fruits and serve a protein-packed smoothie in the humble jar. Don't forget your spoon and straw!
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 1 date
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups macadamia milk*
- seasonal fruit of your choice peeled if necessary, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 banana peeled, cut into chunks, frozen
- Place the macadamias, date, vanilla essence and 2-3 tablespoons of macadamia milk in a blender and blend until smooth, adding a little more macadamia milk if required.
- Place the seasonal fruit chunks in the base of a jar or large glass, packing against the side.
- Add the remaining milk and frozen banana to the blended nut mixture and blend until smooth. Pour over the fruit and serve immediately.
If you have no bananas, any other frozen fruit will be fine. Frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries or raspberries) and frozen mango work perfectly. *Check out our fabulous macadamia milk recipe here.
Calories: 612kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 7gFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 39gSodium: 5mgPotassium: 718mgFiber: 9gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 76IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg