Lamb, mint and macadamia sausage rolls are the healthy treat that your kids will love.
- 500 g lamb sausage mince or remove the meat from lamb sausages
- 1/2 brown onion grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 stick celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup macadamias toasted and coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry cut in half
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- 1 extra egg lightly whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
Preheat over to 200'C, fan forced.
Line baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place all the ingredients, except the pastry, extra egg and sesame seeds into a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and using your hands massage the ingredients together.
Place the lamb mixture along the long edge of the pastry half and brush the other edge with egg wash and roll to enclose leaving the ends open. Cut into half and place onto prepared trays. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Calories: 824kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 22gFat: 63gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 791mgPotassium: 505mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2098IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 4mg