This fusion of iconic Australian flavours delivers the ultimate must-have pavlova! Taking everyone’s favourite dessert to exquisite new heights, the hero of this recipe is the sweet velvety crunch of honey-roasted macadamias. With its crisp outer meringue, marshmallowy-soft interior and irresistibly vibrant splash of sweet-tart raspberry sauce, this creation is a true summer delight that’s also quick and easy to serve, thanks to its clever pull-apart format.
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups caster sugar 440g
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tsp white vinegar 15ml
- 2 cups frozen raspberries 250g
- 2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
To assemble and serve
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1½ cups honey-roasted macadamia nuts 210g
- Sweet herbs to decorate optional
- Preheat the oven to 100°C fan forced. Line a large rectangular 20cm x 30cm tray with baking paper.
- To make the meringue, place the egg whites, caster sugar, cornflour and vinegar in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high speed for 10-14 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and meringue is thick and shiny. Using a large spoon, dollop 8 large spoonfuls of meringue onto the prepared tray, side-by-side, with two crossways and four lengthways. Bake for 1½ hours, or until the pavlova feels dry and crisp. Turn the oven off, leave the door ajar and allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
- To make the raspberry sauce, place the raspberries and icing sugar in a bowl. Roughly smash with a fork. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until ready to serve.
- To assemble the pavlova, whip the cream and vanilla bean paste with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the mascarpone. Spoon the cream mixture evenly over the pavlova. Spoon over the raspberry sauce. Top with honey roasted macadamias and herbs. Serve immediately.
- If you’re making this on a hot day, chill the bowl and beaters in the freezer for 30 minutes before whipping the cream.
- You can buy pre-made honey roasted macadamias from the supermarket or make your own, recipe here.
Calories: 690kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 9gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 79mgPotassium: 224mgFiber: 4gSugar: 56gVitamin A: 1002IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 1mg