- 1 bulb garlic whole
- 1 chilli large green habanero chilli chopped
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt or more, to taste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil or macadamia oil
- 1 cup macadamias whole
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the garlic on a tray and roast for 30 minutes, or until completely soft. Allow to cool before peeling and placing roasted cloves in a small food processor or mortar and pestle. Add all remaining ingredients, except the macadamias, and process or pound to a smooth paste. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the macadamias on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 4 minutes. Remove and pour the hot macadamias into the habanero and garlic paste. Stir them through the paste until they are well covered with the mixture. Place the coated macadamias back on the tray and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until golden.