Enjoy this authentic dish, full of flavour with a white wine tonight.
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 small red chillies sliced
- 1/2 red onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, drained
- 2 tbsp Thai palm sugar grated
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 medium green pawpaw or ½ large green pawpaw, seeds removed and grated
- 200 g green beans blanched and sliced
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 cup raw macadamias roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- To make the dressing, pound garlic, chillies and onion in a mortar to make a paste. Add the drained shrimp and palm sugar and lightly bruise then add the tomatoes, fish sauce, lime-juice and macadamia oil, pound and bruise to release the juices from the tomatoes to make your dressing, it should taste hot, sweet, sour and salty.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Pile onto a serving plate and serve.
- Serving suggestion: delicious with barbecued prawns.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 8gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 666mgPotassium: 389mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1007IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 2mg