Soft and fudgy chocolate cake with a maple and macadamia cream, topped with fresh strawberries and buttery macadamias. This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar.
- 3 cups almond meal
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup cacao raw
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups macadamia nut milk
- ½ cup macadamia oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup macadamias chopped
- 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 2 heaped tbsp macadamia nut butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- ⅓ cup macadamias chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 175’C. In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cacao and baking powder.
- In a seperate bowl whisk eggs and add milk, oil and vanilla. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and combine.
- Stir through chopped macadamia nuts. Pour into a lined/ greased round cake tin. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, remove the can of coconut milk from fridge. Scoop out the solids that have risen to the top (reserve liquid for another use). In a mixing bowl whip the coconut cream solids with the macadamia nut butter and maple syrup using electric beaters until thickened. Store in the fridge to further thicken and until cake is cooled.
- Once cake is cooled, slice horizontally into two or three layers. Spread cream in between layers with slices of strawberry, saving some frosting for the top. Top with fresh strawberries and chopped macadamia nuts.
- If you have a sweet tooth, add up to 1/4 cup extra coconut sugar to cake recipe or additional maple syrup to the cream.
Calories: 6181kcalCarbohydrates: 314gProtein: 131gFat: 524gSaturated Fat: 151gPolyunsaturated Fat: 20gMonounsaturated Fat: 164gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 744mgSodium: 1915mgPotassium: 1768mgFiber: 63gSugar: 126gVitamin A: 1089IUVitamin C: 48mgCalcium: 1964mgIron: 35mg