If you don’t have time to slow roast macadamias then this fast toasting method is for you! These savoury macadamias can be enjoyed on their own as a pre-dinner snack or served in a salad to add an extra wow factor. The herbs and spices can be adjusted to suit your own personal taste.
- 1 tsp macadamia oil
- 3 tsp fresh herbs, chopped could include thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, parsley, basil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup macadamias
- In a small frying pan heat the macadamia oil.
- Add all the herbs and spices and stir together over the heat.
- Add the macadamia nuts and stir again until well coated.
- Continue to toast the nuts until they turn the desired colour. Serve immediately.
- Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 3gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gSodium: 293mgPotassium: 133mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 111IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg