The chopped macadamias in these simple meringues adds extra crunch and bite for Halloween.
- 2 egg whites
- 125 g caster sugar
- 75 g macadamia nuts chopped
- macadamias extra, for eyes
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line oven tray with baking paper and lightly grease with non stick kitchen spray. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites using electric mix until soft peaks form. Slowly add in sugar while still mixing, until all sugar is added and the mixture has a nice shine. Using a spatula, gently fold chopped macadamias through the mixture.
- On the prepared baking tray use two teaspoons or a piping bag with large nozzle to prepare individual meringues onto tray. Ensure you create a small ‘whip’ at the top of the meringue for the ghost shape. Use extra macadamias cut into quarters for the ghost eyes.Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- When complete, turn oven off and allow meringues to cool in oven with door open. Once cooled you can use a small amount of melted chocolate to define ghost eyes or other features.
Calories: 1053kcalCarbohydrates: 136gProtein: 12gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 44gSodium: 105mgPotassium: 376mgFiber: 6gSugar: 129gVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 69mgIron: 3mg