You will not believe how simple and delicious this recipe is. The aroma of the spices and macadamias will have guests reaching for seconds and thirds. Doubling the recipe might be wise!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli finely chopped
- 14 g ginger peeled and finely grated
- 6 g galangal peeled and finely grated
- 500 g green prawns peeled, de-veined and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 5 g palm sugar finely grated
- 2 kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander coarsely chopped
- 2 spring onions sliced finely on the diagonal
- 12 betel leaves washed and dried
- 1/2 cup macadamias roasted, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and galangal and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the prawns and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and add the fish sauce, coconut cream, palm sugar and kaffir lime leaves and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Cool slightly before stirring through the coriander and spring onions.
Place a tablespoon of mixture onto each betel leaf and sit on a serving platter. Sprinkle with macadamias to serve.
Calories: 91kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 415mgPotassium: 106mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 176IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 1mg