This macadamia feta makes a great centrepiece on a Mediterranean style platter or simply enjoyed with the macadamia crispbreads and a small bowl of za’atar.
- 1 homemade portion of macadamia feta*
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup macadamias chopped
Vegan macadamia crispbreads (makes about 20)
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 3 tbsp water cold
Macadamia za’atar (makes ½ cup)
- 1/4 cup macadamias roasted
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves dried
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the baked feta, line a small baking tray with baking paper or use an ovenproof serving dish. Preheat oven to 180°C. Form the homemade feta into a disc approximately 3cm thick. Place onto the prepared tray or serving dish and drizzle with honey. Scatter the top with chopped macadamias. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the nuts are golden.
- For the macadamia crispbreads, Combine the macadamias, flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process carefully to create a fine flour mixture. With motor running, gradually add the oil and then water. Process until the mixture comes together to form a ball. Add a little more water if necessary, a small amount at a time. Pat the mixture together, wrap in waxed paper and set aside for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C . Line a baking tray with baking paper. Flatten teaspoon sized pieces of dough into long ovals, thinning out as much as possible and place on the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- For the za’atar, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine, until the mixture is still a little coarse but thoroughly combined.
- To serve, arrange the warm feta, vegan macadamia crispbreads and macadamia za’atar on a platter.
*See homemade macadamia feta recipe here.
Calories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 293mgPotassium: 85mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 17IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 2mg