Elevate your spring celebration with our tantalising avocado hummus. Made extra special with the addition of macadamias, this recipe will transport your taste buds to a vibrant spring fiesta with just a few easy-to-find ingredients. The spiced macadamias give a fiery kick that transforms this hummus into something sensational.
Spiced maple macadamias
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Taco spice mix (fiery)or Mexican seasoning
- 2 cups raw macadamias
Avocado hummus dip
- 200 g hummus tub
- 1 large ripe avocado mashed
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Micro herbs
- Grissini sticks or crackers
- Lemon wedges
- For the spiced macadamia nuts, preheat the oven to 150°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the maple syrup and spice mix or seasoning. Cook, shaking the pan for 15 seconds.
- Add the macadamias and stir to coat.
- Spread the macadamias onto the tray. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until the macadamias as roasted. Set aside to cool.
- For the avocado hummus dip, combine the hummus, avocado, green onions and the lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the dip over the base of a serving platter. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Top with the spiced macadamias. Scatter with micro herbs. Serve with grissini sticks, crackers and lemon wedges.
Any leftover spiced macadamias can be stored in an airtight jar or container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Calories: 480kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 7gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 231mgPotassium: 435mgFiber: 9gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 304IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 3mg