These macadamia nut smoothies will make your morning meal feel like a decadent indulgence.
Smoothies are a great option for summer mornings. Simply rise, throw a few ingredients into a blender, blitz to perfection and you are ready to shine!
They are portable and kid-friendly which make them perfect for busy families – and with so many options there is a smoothie to suit every eating style and flavour palette.
However, if your morning smoothie starts to feel a little ho-hum, why not try incorporating macadamias into the mix? Their delicious creamy crunch can make your smoothie special and even add a touch of luxury to your morning.
Add a handful of nuts to your usual recipe
Adding a handful of raw macadamia nuts to your morning smoothie is a great way to add extra heart and brain-healthy antioxidants to your day!
Macadamias are naturally gluten-free, low in sugar, very low in salt and low-carb. They’re full of fibre for a happy gut, and have good amounts of essential vitamins and minerals like thiamine and manganese.
Simply throw the nuts into a high-powered blender with your other ingredients.
If you find you still have chunks of nut, when you would prefer your smoothie to be more, well, smooth, try adding a spoonful of macadamia butter instead, as in this macadamia banana smoothie recipe.
Make it on macadamia mylk
Start your day the right way with these healthy and inspiring macadamia mylk smoothies that blend the creaminess of macadamias with your favourite breakfast flavours.
- Vanilla and Chai Spice Macadamia Smoothie: This creamy and flavourful macadamia smoothie recipe uses macadamia butter, macadamia milk, bananas and chai spices. You can enjoy it as a mid-morning snack or add protein powder for a balanced breakfast.
- Macadamia and Green Veggie Smoothie: This thick, green, nutty smoothie is nutrition in a jar. Gluten free and vegan, it’s packed with fruit, vegetables and macadamias for a quick, delicious and healthy start to your day. Don’t leave home without it!
- Mac-berry Smoothie: This nutritious mac-berry smoothie is made with macadamia mylk, Greek yoghurt and maple syrup – so it tastes as good as it looks!
Macadamias make it special
When you have a bit more time to indulge, Australian macadamias can elevate your morning even further with these luxurious serving suggestions.
- Serve your smoothie in a jar, with colourful fresh fruit packed at the bottom. The kids will enjoy the break from routine, especially if you give them a spoon and a straw.
- Make yourself a smoothie bowl. Take your cue from this rainbow of healthy (and gorgeous) recipes that combine macadamias with your other favourite superfood ingredients in one bountiful bowl.
- Top your smoothie with some of these delicious macadamia nut sprinkles.
How do you make your morning special with macadamias? Head over to our Facebook page and share your inspiration with other macadamia nut lovers!