Whether you are gifting or devouring them, macadamias are a quintessential part of an Australian Christmas. For us, one of the most exciting things about Christmas is sourcing and sharing macadamia-inspired gift ideas to fill the stockings of macadamia lovers across the country. Start your countdown to Christmas with these twelve intriguing ideas.
1. Pudding Lane Macadamia and Brandy Pudding: Say goodbye to figgy pudding and hello to this new classic. This luxurious pud combines buttery Australian macadamias and Barossa brandy. $31-69. Available online.
2. Warndu Mai by Rebecca Sullivan and Damien Coulthard: Everyone loves some kitchen inspo in their Christmas stocking. Warndu Mai is choc full of recipes made with Australian native ingredients including macadamias. If that’s not quite what you’re after, you might find something on our list of essential Australian cookbooks to put on your shopping list. Wardu Mai is available at all good bookstores for $45 (RRP).
4. Haigh’s collaboration gift box: For those that love Gin + Macadamias + Chocolate (and who doesn’t?), the Haigh’s Chocolates collaboration presentation box makes a wonderful gift. Each chocolate’s flavour and texture is as unique as the artisan spirits they showcase. $49.90. Available online or in Haigh’s stores.
5. Mac. by Brookies: This macadamia & wattleseed liqueur straight out of Byron Bay recently won best nut liqueur at the 2020 World Liqueur Awards. Crafted with natural ingredients, Mac delights the palette with butterscotch, cacao and coffee flavours. $65. Available online or in selected stores.
6. Candied macadamias: If you love to give homemade gifts, you can make your own candied macadamias for friends. Richly spiced, these easy to make nuts will remind you of a northern hemisphere Christmas with a southern hemisphere twist. They make a perfect last minute stocking filler. Use our recipe here.
8. Mac-Cao macadamia nut butter from Rainforest Foods: This spread combines raw, organic cacao with delicious, natural macadamia kernels and a little added coconut nectar. Perfect for the lazy Christmas period, you can eat this on toast for breakfast or with a spoon straight from the jar. $12.95. Available online.
9. Husque bowls: These bowls pay unique tribute to Australian macadamias. Made from a combination of resin and finely ground macadamia shell, these stylish homewares echo the shapes of cracked macadamias and are sure to delight even your most elegant relations. Various prices depending on the design you choose. Available at selected stockists.
10. Macadamia Revive or Relax Essential Oil Blends: From Avilla Farm, these smooth, light-weight macadamia body oils are the perfect way to help anyone with frazzled nerves at the end of the year. $27.95. Available online.
11. Tamborine Mountain Distillery Macadamia Nut Liqueur: This bright gold liqueur features nougat and macadamia flavours combined with a controlled sweetness. $49.99 for 500ml. Available from retailers or in smaller quantities from the distiller.
12. Koko Black Macadamia Collection: You can’t go wrong with the gift of chocolate coated macadamias, but this collection from Koko Black is extra special. Presented in a storybook-like gift set, you’ll find raspberry-dusted, matcha-coated, and honey-covered macadamias to delight your senses. $69. Available online.