This delicious dinner idea is vegan, gluten free and also low FODMAP. Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons. Passionate about helping others to live a healthier life, nutritionist, naturopath, recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish shares nutrition tips and wholefood recipes that nourish from the inside out.
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves packed + extra to serve
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 2 tbsp lemon juice + extra to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- gluten free pasta 4 to 6 serves
- 1/2 cup macadamias roasted
- In a food processor, blitz basil with half the amount of oil to a fine chop.
- Add remaining oil, macadamias, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic oil and sea salt. Process until combined and finely chopped. Add additional lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Store in a glass air-tight jar in fridge. Top with a film of extra virgin olive oil after each use to keep fresher longer.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Stir pesto through warm pasta.
- Serve with extra roasted macadamia nuts and fresh basil leaves.
Calories: 395kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 3gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 33gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 177mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 760IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg