This dish is a deliciously healthy mid-week meal, packed with protein. The tofu and macadamias complement each other texturally, and you can use any crispy vegetables you like to make the salad.
- 1 1/2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup macadamias roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 350 g firm tofu block, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce good quality
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tspn soy sauce
- 200 g rice noodles soaked until tender
- 1 cup mint leaves or Thai basil
- 1 lettuce small, chopped
- 1 carrot large, chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers chopped
For the tofu
- For the tofu, heat the oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add the macadamias and onions and cook, stirring until golden and a little crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon. Immediately add the tofu and continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until the edges begin to go golden.
- Add the hoisin sauce and cook for 3 more minutes, until the tofu becomes sticky.
- Stir in the macadamias and onions and set aside.
- To serve, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Distribute the noodles, mint and salad ingredients between 4 bowls. Pour over the dressing, distributing evenly. Add the tofu mixture to the bowls and serve immediately.
Calories: 643kcalCarbohydrates: 74gProtein: 17gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 358mgPotassium: 727mgFiber: 11gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 3869IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 231mgIron: 4mg