These fun Santa hat macadamia brownies are gluten free and dairy free. With a buttery macadamia crunch they are a festive treat for both kids and adults!Recipe by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons, Live Love Nourish @livelovenourishaus
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener equivalent
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder or cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup macadamias
- Thick vanilla yoghurt of choice
- Large ripe strawberries
- Mini gluten free marshmallows
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 175°C.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs with maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add almond meal, cacao, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold through macadamias.
- Pour into a small lined slice tin. Bake in oven for 25 mins or until cooked through (middle will be fudgey).Allow to cool.
- To make Santa hats, use a round cookie cutter to make circles (or cut into small squares).
- Add yoghurt to a piping bag. Pipe onto cooled brownie.
- Thread strawberry onto toothpick and top with marshmallow. Push through onto yoghurt to resemble a Santa hat.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
For a decanted dessert serve with ice cream of choice.
Calories: 475kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 11gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 89mgPotassium: 242mgFiber: 7gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 119IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 149mgIron: 3mg