Free from gluten, dairy and processed sugar, raspberry macadamia nut butter is a surprisingly versatile condiment. Spread it on these simple biscuits, serve on apple or other fruit slices, add a tablespoon to porridge or breakfast bowls, spoon inside dates or enjoy it on toast. And it’s as pretty as it is delicious!
- 1 cup macadamias
- 2-3 tbsp freeze-dried raspberry powder or to taste
- 2 dates 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, or to taste (optional)
Coconut and macadamia biscuits
- 3/4 cup macadamias
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg white lightly whisked
For the butter
- Place the macadamias in the bowl of a food processor and process to a smooth butter.
- Add the raspberry powder and process until combined.
- Taste the mixture and if desired, add more raspberry powder or sweeten with the dates, honey or maple syrup.
For the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the macadamias, desiccated coconut, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt into the bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts are fine, taking care not to overprocess.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl. Place the honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt over a medium heat until combined. Pour into the macadamia mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir through the egg white until thoroughly combined.
- Roll level teaspoon sized balls of mixture and place on the tray 3cm apart. Press down gently to create discs. Bake for 10 minutes, turning the tray halfway through, until the biscuits are golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool, spread the raspberry macadamia butter over the base of one biscuit, and sandwich with a second.
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 2gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 98mgPotassium: 124mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg