This tart is a celebration of summer with the buttery macadamias perfectly complementing the juicy, ripe peaches. It is ideal for entertaining as it can be made ahead of time and be ready when you are!
Pastry tart base
- 180 g butter
- 300 g plain flour
- 90 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yoke
- 35 g honey we used manuka
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 60 g castor sugar
- 100 ml cream
- ½ vanilla bean
- 550 g macadamias roughly chopped
- 300 g peaches finely sliced
- To prepare the pastry, cut the butter into a 1 cm dice. Place the butter into a bowl then add the flour and icing sugar. Rub the butter into the flour and icing sugar to form a crumble. Add the egg then mix together until a dough has formed. Wrap the pastry and place into the refrigerator to rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Roll the pastry out to a 5 mm thickness then line a 27 cm tart ring. Cover the pastry with a sheet of baking paper then top the baking paper with baking beans or rice, this will help keep the tart flat while cooking.
- Place into the oven to blind bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven. Remove the baking beans/rice. Lightly beat the egg yolk then brush a thin layer around the surface of the tart. Return to the oven to cook for a further 5 minutes then remove and set aside. Increase the oven to 175°C.
- For the filling, place the honey, butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean then add the seeds to the mixture. Place the saucepan onto a medium to high heat and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add the macadamia nuts. Stir to combine then cook for a further minute. Place the peach slices in the tart base and carefully pour the mixture over the top then place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes then rotate the tart and cook for a further 10 minutes. The tart should be golden brown all over, otherwise bake for a little longer until this is achieved.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the mould. Once cool, remove from the mould and cut into wedges. Serve with your favourite ice cream, cream or just on its own.
Calories: 769kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 8gFat: 66gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 113mgPotassium: 251mgFiber: 5gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1090IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 3mg